Tuesday, March 10, 2015

Evaluating the MISTI....

I LOVE this tool.  I ordered the MISTI (Most Incredible Stamp Tool Invented) in December and didn't receive it until the end of January, so quite a wait time.  I had seen this product on several You Tube videos (see a video here) and Facebook postings and, while it didn't make me desperately want it, I could see how it could come in handy.  Boy, was I wrong.  I hardly make a card without it since I got it.  You can die cut images that have stamps to match, put the die cut in, lay the stamp on top, get it perfect, close the lid, pick up the stamp, ink and go.  You can use the magnets (I didn't order them) or use double sticky tape.  Sometimes because the die cuts are so small, they are picked up by the stamp when the lid is opened.  Taping them will either hold them in place or lift the die cut and the sponge lining out which is ok if you just make sure the lining was firmly in the corner and if it lifts, you just put it back.  I have dozens of stamps and dies to match and always have trouble lining them up well.  My acrylic blocks are no longer show room new, they have ink on them that I can't get off and lines that keep me from aligning while I stamp.


While the bee isn't perfect, it's 100% better than I can do by eyeballing it.  This is a card in process using PTI stamps and Darice embossing folders.  I'll post the card when it's finished.   For the first time, I also used an embossing folder on the inside....stay tuned.....

No comments:

Post a Comment