Thursday, March 13, 2014

What you find in the dark...

I mentioned before that we bought a small bottle of Urine Away which was recommended by our vet.  I kept smelling something in my craft room, especially after I've been outside and was filled with fresh air.  I couldn't find any wet spots, though so I ordered a UV flashlight; we turned off all the lights and walked around with it last night.  What a revelation.  Sadie has christened most of the rooms in our house.  She's even done vertical surfaces.  We only have a few rooms that she hasn't peed in.  Of course, we have no way of knowing how old some of this stuff is and I've used all the small bottle of Urine Away in my craft room so I ordered a gallon from Amazon.  As soon as it arrives, we will start early in the morning spotting, marking and cleaning those areas we find.  She even peed on our laundry sorter.  The foyer has the most pee, even the tray we use for our wet shoes has some in it.

I know I said it before but I love this Urine Away.  Yesterday my room smelled like cat pee, today it smells like laundry detergent.  It's a clean fresh scent and all you do is squirt it on the stain and let it sit.  It doesn't damage the carpet and the smell just goes away.

After we clean everything we can find, we'll do a check once a day with the flashlight and find out if she's still doing it.  She may have to go back on meds full time, we'll just cross that bridge when we get to it.

No comments:

Post a Comment