Sunday, November 17, 2013

Heartbreaking....

Three days of peace, quiet and no messes - until this morning.  Someone used the corner of the spare bedroom and while cleaning it up I noticed there was a tiny something there that was dried, as if it had been there a while.  That bedroom carpet had what looked like rust spots on the dark cream color when we moved in.  We have always planned to put new carpet in, we just haven't done it yet.  I can see where we would have thought that spot (less than the size of a dime) was just another rust stain.  I know I'm reaching for excuses here, but if there was a drop there and one of the cats smelled it, it's possible they thought it was ok.  Of course, it was less than 12" from the litter box.  I cleaned it up, put the mess in the litter box, scrubbed the carpet and deodorized it, covered it with two large Easter baskets I use for Craft Shows.  Soon, every square inch of our carpet and furniture will be covered with something...

No comments:

Post a Comment