Tuesday, October 15, 2013

Progress on the craft room front...

These are the vanities that were removed from our three bathrooms.  One vanity came out in three pieces, all have drawers and big open spaces where the plumbing was.  They also have several drawer spaces that looked like they had a drawer but it was really a false front - again due to the plumbing.  The plumbing has been removed, shelves are going in the open spaces in the cabinets, the spaces with the false fronts will be replaced with roller drawers and everything is being painted a glossy white.  After everything is painted we will arrange them in the garage and measure for counter tops which may end up being MDF white shelves.  All the stock counter tops we saw yesterday have a back splash attached which we don't want.  The 5th picture shows one of the three medicine cabinets without the doors that I'm going to use for stamp pads, glue, tape, reinkers, etc.  Carl is adding wood to the bottom so they sit flatly side by side on top of one of the counters.  They have adjustable 5" deep shelves in three rows that will hold a ton of little stuff.  I do believe all my stamp pads will fit in just one which will reduce five drawers.  I have PTI ink, Memento ink, Versafine ink, Distress ink, and a full drawer of Stayzon, Encore, Stampin' Up, Colorbox, Ranger, and I'm sure some I haven't thought of.  I also have reinkers for almost every pad I've purchased.  And....before you ask, I do use them all.




Carl took out the magnets that held the doors closed on the medicine cabinets and is going to fill the holes with wooden dowels and then sand them down.  I plan to cover the inside with designer paper and the frames will be painted with the white glossy paint.  We're into the middle of October with a goal date of November 1st to have the garage cleaned out for the cars.  Which means this furniture will have to go into the living room if we are not finished.

This is the current 'look'.  Three bakers racks full to bursting, shelves under both counters, my desk and computer desk, a corner TV shelf and a walk in closet filled with paper and storage shelves.  Not all of this is going to remain.  I plan one of the vanities for an embossing and Big Shot Pro station.  I will retire my Cuttlebug and Grand Caliber and just use the Big Shot Pro.  I plan to weed out all my 'how to' books, stamps I don't use and punches - especially punches.  I have tons of them and only use a select few.  My room will be more organized and leaner.  Each drawer will be labeled in vinyl so I know where everything is and I plan to put black vinyl flourishes on the doors.  Lots to destash but I'll do it as I put the room back together - if I rarely use it and it doesn't have a home in the new layout - it's outta here.

No comments:

Post a Comment