Tuesday, September 10, 2013

There's no place like home....

This is sunrise at Sunrise Lodge, Phelps, Wisconsin and I'm standing on the deck of the cabin we reserve every year for the week after Labor Day.  I sit at a table looking out a window with this view as I color, watching the eagles fly back and forth across the lake.  I took two Art Bins full of coloring supplies and spent the whole week either coloring, reading or watching some new DVDs we picked up in Wausau on the way.  We stop at a Walmart there to stretch, rest stops are few and far between on the route we take.  We also hit the $5.00 DVD rack and picked up The Fighter, Reds, How to Lose a Guy in 10 Days, and The Mechanic (awesome movie).  Carl picked up several WWI and Korean War documentaries as well as one on the Trail of Tears.  A very productive visit.  We found, to our delight, a totally new deck this year with a wider set of steps going up to it.  Every year there's something new:  cable, DVD player, WIFI, fireplace.  It's wonderful to see money being put into the resort; you know they care about it and plan to keep it around for a while.

I just finished an order for a repeat customer - table decorations and trivia cards for a reunion.  I will mail the last of it this morning.  Today is movie day - Sweet Baby Ray's BBQ Chicken sandwiches for lunch and a healthy dose of the 4th season of the Good Wife which arrived while I was on vacation.  Next up will be the 2nd season of Scandal, and the 5th season of Leverage. 

I also need to get back on a schedule for making cards and entering challenges.  I do have a craft show this Saturday but doubt that I'll have time this week to add to my inventory.  I do plan, however, to take a big box of Sizzix dies and my wizard to sell as well as some items for vinyl.  Off to get my day started.

I hope the sunrise was as spectacular for you today.

No comments:

Post a Comment