Friday, August 30, 2013

Lost my mind temporarily last night

I've been on a coloring streak the last week.  We're on our way to Wisconsin tomorrow and I've packed up some supplies to take with.  If you had a whole week to craft what would you take with you?  I'm taking:  cut base paper, a small Art Bin full of 6x6 and 4x6 designer paper, a box of Flourish stamps (to practice shading), a stack of printed digitals to color, my Copic bag, copics and refills, my PrismaColor pencils, gamsol and nibs, some fussy cut scissors, card envelopes and jackets, my ATG gun and some double sticky tape, my nib sharpener, VersaFine Black Onyx and Memento Tuxedo Black stamp pads, one sponge, and my baby wipes.  I will also visit a stamping store in Saynor, Wisconsin that's going out of business, everything is 50% off.  I'm truly sorry to see this particular store close, it's an amazingly eclectic store with a fabulous designer/owner; I'm always so inspired when I visit it.


I pulled out some older Kenny K images so play with, I so love his early work, not so much his later stuff.  His selection of girls with attitude are fun to color, this one is called Brooklyn Babe and she was colored with Copics and Prismacolor pencils.

Now, the losing my mind portion of this broadcast:  I fixed supper last night for my husband and myself.  We ate dinner while watching the local news (30 minutes) and the national news (30 minutes) and while cleaning up the dishes my husband hollered from the kitchen "Can I turn the oven off?"  OMG - I put garlic bread in the oven just before I dished up our meal 65+ minutes ago.  I have never never done that before.  I just forgot to take it out of the oven.  Crispy?  You bet.  Black? You bet.  Carl actually thought it was funny, I was horrified.

I have an order of 20 table centerpieces going out today and a meeting on trivia cards for a class reunion, packing to do, and cleaning to do (God forbid, someone should come over here and my house is dirty).  And, I don't know about you, but my hummingbirds are eating me out of house and home.  I now have a 32 ounce feeder up in addition to the nine ounce feeder I usually put up.  One is in the crab apple right outside my craft room so I can see the little buggers fight over the big one.  They're on their way to South America and need to stock up on calories.  Hope you have lots of hummers where you are today.

No comments:

Post a Comment