Sunday, August 11, 2013

After the craft sale....

I spent all day in the park in Henry, IL yesterday with tables full of cards, tiles and tumblers.  The weather rocked.  Low 80s with a wonderful breeze, just a delightful day and a lot of great people.  I wanted to share the first card I sold.  Which is funny, because it's one of the last cards I created.  I think it's ego-building when someone loves a card that you love - it makes me feel as if I'm on track with my craft.  I also got orders for 3 Vino2Go tumblers and sold the one I had for demo.  I gave out a bunch of business cards and had inquiries about custom tiles.  While I didn't make a huge amount of money, I made my rent and gas money and have orders to fill, but the advertisement was worth the trip.  This isn't something I want to do ten hours a day.  A few orders now and then leaves me time for gardening, card making and designing on the computer.  Once upon a time I created muslin rabbits and bears with really elaborate costumes that I sold for a ridiculously large amount of money.  I had so many orders, my life was wrapped up in them.  I barely had time to shower.  And I already had a job.  Which is something I don't ever, ever, ever, ever want again.

I hope your day yesterday was as good as mine and where ever you are today, make it a good one.

1 comment:

  1. Such a sweet card Im not surprised it sold, sounds like it was well worth the journey, good luck.
    Chris x

    ReplyDelete