Monday, July 8, 2013

Ads on Facebook -- not acceptable...

Do the new ads in your news feed on Facebook drive you nuts?  I don't mind the ads on the right side, they're easy to ignore, but the ones in between Aunt Bessie's new recipe and Cora's digital coloring, for items I don't care about and will never buy, is unacceptable.  So, I've started a campaign.  This morning this ad popped up:

If you want to show your displeasure at having to look at something like this, place your cursor on the name (in this case contractors.com), do not click, just hover.  The window above will open, click on 'message' and tell them how you feel.  I usually say something like this:
 
STOP YOUR "SUGGESTED POSTS" ON OUR NEWSFEEDS!
YOU ARE POLLUTING THE FACEBOOK EXPERIENCE!
I MAKE IT A RULE TO NEVER BUY ANYTHING FROM SPAMMERS.


Advertisers are catching on and some have disabled the message button.  In those cases, I actually go to their Facebook page and post.  If everyone who uses Facebook does this, advertisers and maybe even Facebook would get this message.  Facebook is allowing this so perhaps we can get them to discontinue it.  As long as we stay complacent, they'll keep doing it, and the ads will increase and I will cancel my Facebook account.

No comments:

Post a Comment