Wednesday, January 16, 2013

Major setback 2...

I was feeling pretty good about Sassy when I went to bed last night.  Carl was at a Camera Club function so I locked up.  Just before I turned off the TV, Sassy was meowing around my legs so I walked into the laundry room to see if she wanted to be coaxed to go potty.  She sat in front of the litter box so I sat down on the toilet and talked to her for a bit.  She eventually climbed into the litter box and did both a number one and a number two.  Since we're having trouble with daily elimination and since she'd pooped already, I left her in the family room but I'm nobodies fool - I covered my chair with a waterproof pad before I went to bed.  This morning she had pooped on the pad on my chair, fairly runny and quite a bit.  Carl and I discussed it this morning and we thought maybe she thought the waterproof pad was an invitation.  When the boxes were in the living room sitting on top of a pad, she used the pad as often as the box.  On the other hand, my chair was the first place in the house she used as a litter box (other than the box, of course).  So, no matter how good she is, she gets locked up in the laundry room every night for 30 days, no exceptions.

On a good note, she's still crazy about the hairball pills.  I crumbed another one over her breakfast and while she didn't eat all the food, she did clean up all the pill.  I'm going to give it another two weeks (we have a one month's supply) and then order more if she's still eating it.

My friend was over yesterday for 'movie day' which we have every Tuesday.  In case stress is the problem, this is the only thing that happened beyond the normal stuff that happens everyday.  Ruthann did spend some time petting her but she didn't seem overly alarmed by it even though she did 'nip' at her.  She's done that to me and Carl when she's finished with attention but she's never hurt us and then, there's the static electricity thing...

If we don't have this solved by mid-March, we will have to have her boarded at the vets.  Our sitter will not have the time to devote to letting her out of the laundry room in the morning, playing with her for a while, keeping an eye on her while she's out and then placing her back in the laundry room at night.  We do like our vet a lot and I have no doubt she will be well treated as opposed to our last vet - I wouldn't leave a stuffed animal overnight with them.  Stay tuned....

No comments:

Post a Comment