Tuesday, January 8, 2013

Found my pencils....

My first attempt with my Copics after so long was pretty disappointing.  It seems I've forgotten every lesson I ever learned.  Luckily, I seem to be able to handle my pencils a bit better.

Although this isn't a card, yet, it soon will be and I'll post it.  I really like the way this turned out, especially the blending.  I didn't realize until I brought it into my blog that I hadn't colored the flower on the purse.  It's now the same color as the flowers on the hat.  Any and all suggestions/comments are invited.

On the wildlife front, yesterday while I was checking my e-mail, I glanced out the window and saw the most magnificent coyote just trotting down the road.  His/her coat was full and he/she looked as if finding food hadn't been a problem so far this winter - it looked very healthy.  My husband and I were just commenting on the fact we hadn't seen any cats lately - could be why.  Coyotes love cats - they taste just like chicken.  We have several homeowners in our subdivision that don't see anything wrong with opening up the door and letting their cats run free.  Our speed limit is 30 mph inside the village limits but people also don't see anything wrong with 50 mph.  A cat doesn't stand much of a chance against a healthy coyote or a speeding car.

This morning I saw two whitetail next to the road.  Deer sightings have been slim, maybe due to EHD.  Thirty less deer were taken during hunting season in 2012 than in 2011 in our county.  There are a lot of avid hunters in our village if the deer heads we see through their windows are any indication, it's nice to see they didn't get them all.

No comments:

Post a Comment