Monday, November 19, 2012

Time to quit foolin' around....

On another front:  Sassy is having her ups and downs.  After installing the Feliway diffusers and the extra litter box, we had 17 accident free days.  Then an accident, skip a day, an accident, an accident.  But lucky for us she was using the water-proofed pad next to the cat box.  She had been sweet with touches of affection and then started reverting to running away from us.  The Feliway is supposed to last for 30 days and when my calendar notified me it was time to change the bottles, I discovered them bone dry.  I refilled them two days ago and no accidents.  While this isn't scientific and it isn't conclusive, I would be willing to go out on a limb and suggest the Feliway is really working.  Last night she actually patted me on the back while I was working on the computer.  She hasn't done that for over a week and I just didn't think about why she quit.  She used to spend the day with me in my craft room on the shelf in front of the window and she quit doing that also.  Last night she was back on her shelf.  And she's talking to me again.  She's still so new to us that we're not in tune with her habits and personality.  If she continues accident free, we will reduce the number of boxes (we now have three) and push the remaining one into the corner (we pulled two of them back out into the middle of the living room when she had her first accident).  In the meantime, I've ordered a six pack of Feliway refills.  Here's hoping.....

No comments:

Post a Comment