Thursday, July 19, 2012

Thank you all so much...

I got up this morning and automatically looked down to make sure I didn't step on the cat as she ran out from under the bed.  I left the bathroom door open a bit so she could come in and visit while I did bathroom things.  I checked my feet going down the stairs because she runs in front of me as I walk.  I glanced at the kitchen floor to make sure my husband had fed her when he got up and it suddenly occurred to me that she was gone.  It hits me at the oddest times.  There seems to be cats in every movie I watch, in every commercial on tv, in every magazine I pick up. In my heart I know she's no longer in pain but selfishly I wanted more time with her.

I did want to thank everyone for their kind words.  They were very comforting and this card is for all of you.


2 comments:

  1. You will look for her everywhere, call out her name or just talk to her as you walk through the house. You'll wonder when she'll show up for food & wait for her cry.

    Time will turn the heart aches into precious loving memories.

    Took me 9 months before I could think of Blessing without tears, but with a smile in how he truly blessed my life.

    Let God comfort you in unexpected ways.

    D :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so sorry for your loss. We lost all 3 of our dogs within a relatively short time span, and I haven't been able to bring myself to even think of getting another dog again any time soon. Wishing you sweet memories to carry you through the days ahead.

    ReplyDelete