Saturday, April 7, 2012

Scrub a dub dub...

We will have lived in our home nine years in November.  The first spring my husband added 'cleaning and re-staining the deck' to his list of projects he wanted to complete.  And this spring he finally got to that item on his 'to do' list.  It took him two complete days and a gas power washer to finish the job.  Luckily it was warm outside because I'm not sure who got the best bath.  You can tell from the first picture that the deck was a mess.  We have a 14 x 14 deck and a 12 x 12 gazebo.  On the outside, the bottom of both structures is lattice and there are three sets of stairs.  My husband is a perfectionist so there isn't a dab of dirt or algae left on the entire structure.  It now looks completely new.  He was out today buying stain - that's the next step.  Hopefully, we'll be able to put back the furniture by next week when grilling season will be in full swing.  I love my baby Weber, I will cook out four or five times a week until it snows and sometimes even when it snows.  My husband is a primo dish washer loader but not much of a grill master, so I cook and he cleans up.  It suits us.





This is another box from the SVGCuts pattern.  My favorite movie - Reign of Fire.  Ruthann has never seen it so it's on the agenda for next movie day.  The paper is DCWV Gone Wild.  The dragon silhouette was downloaded from the MTC gallery.  Hard to see, but I have an orange rhinestone in the dragon's eye.  The title was created with a Dymo Label Maker.  I plan to use this for jewelry on my dresser and I'll be bringing you more books in the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment