Thursday, October 13, 2011

No bones about it, I love Halloween

I'm not going to tell you again how much I love Halloween.  I've said it before, just read my blog about this time last year.  In May, when I went to Grand Rapids to attend Suzanne Dean's wonderful Copics class, I had the chance to actually shop at StampingScrapping.com.  We were like kids in a candy store.  I want that, and that, and, oooh, gimme me that.  One of my purchases was the  Tim Holtz stamp set 'Mini Halloween' and I bought it not because I like Tim Holtz (he's ok, but....), I bought it because... say it with me now, "I Love Halloween".  I have more Halloween stamps than for any other holiday.  This set was a no-brainer.  Now, the big BUT, I actually really love it.  This card took just seconds to make, in fact, it nearly made itself.  All the stamps are from the set.  I stamped the skull and crossbones on the background paper - I just eyeballed it.  I stamped and cut out the skeleton, calendar and sentiment, backed them with black paper, put a little stickles around the skeleton and Bob's your uncle.  If you have to make 30 Halloween cards like I do, this is the one to make.  Now you know you want to enter this challenge at StampingScrappingChallengeCentral, so how about it?

Paper:  Stash; Stamps: Tim Holtz 'Mini Halloween'; Grape Stickles

3 comments:

  1. Its a great card, cutey skeletons and the purple is such a lovely shade x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! Awesome card, Love the purple & black!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Cindy! I really like this one! Simple and kinda classy...just 2 colors, dark and eerie! Nice design! Looked at more of your blog posts too...several very pretty simpler cards. Thanks so much! I need THAT kind of inspiration! Love reading about your travels too!
    Hugs!
    ScrappySandie

    ReplyDelete