Friday, September 2, 2011

All the best people were born in October...

My October cards were made for best friends.  The first one goes to a woman who used to have a vintage clothing shop.  The second one goes to her best friend born on Halloween.  I've used some new products on these cards including: the Tim Holtz Idea-ology paper (love this stuff) and the Papertrey dress form die and stamp.  Both went with the paper beautifully.  Add some Krylon Gold Leafing and you have a very elegant yet simple card.  The arrow is an ancient Cuttlebug die (sometimes it pays to keep EVERYTHING forever, right?) and I used a regular paper punch to cut out the circle.  My second card also had some new goodies on it.  I had not used the Echo Park Paper or the Goosebumps before, but I'm now a HUGE fan of Goosebumps.  I hope you can tell in the last photo just what wonderful texture it added to my card.  It feels like some of the high end paper that's been lacquered.  My JustRite 15 point Times New Roman alphabet set is the exact perfect size for adding dates to the calendar.




Paper:  Tim Holtz Idea-ology, Paperworks Brown Bag Paper; Papertrey Dress Form Stamp & Die, Bluebirdflats Calendar and sentiment; Distress Ink Tea Dye; Krylon Gold Leafing Pen; JustRite 15 point Times New Roman alphabet.







Edited 9/2/11 to addLeanne's card using my September and Number Sentiments.  She's done such a nice job with them.
Edited 9/5/11 to add:   Snehal's Creations - a creative gift for teachers and Enblog Sail - see the sentiment used as a sun.
Edited 9/9/11 to add: - Margreet's Scrapcards used one of my age sentiments on this fabulous card - check out the paper piecing.

Paper: Echo Park Paper, Paperworks Brown Bag Paper, Stash; Bluebirdflats Sentiment and Calendar; Distress Ink Black Soot; Spellbinder Graveyard Die, Spellbinder Classic Scallops Small; Goosebumps Spray, JustRite 15 point Times New Roman alphabet.

11 comments:

  1. Your cards are fabulous Cindy, and thank you for these digi sentiments.
    Kevin xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Both your card are gorgeous, I love what you have done with the kraft card and the two digi's are fab thank you.

    Thank you for the comment that you left on my blog and just for reference for next time, do I have to write on my post, say I used Copics, that Copics are available from 'Stamping Scapping Central? and not just link them in a list at the end

    Many thanks for your help
    Laurie xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Cyndi!
    Happy Friday! Love both of these cards. So fun and Thank you again for the awesome digis. BTW, I used the September and Thirty 30 on my card. You can see it here if you like. http://liloshaggymoto.blogspot.com/2011/09/fff-happy-30th.html or on the Farm Fresh Challenge blog http://farmfreshchallengeblog.blogspot.com/2011/09/farm-fresh-friday-by-numbers.html. It's the same card.
    Thanks again!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your cards are gorgeous! Thank you for the Oct. sentiments. I believe you were correct with Sept. though. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. All changed, thanks for your help

    Laurie xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. The October birthday cards are great. I really like the kraft and black combo. It's great for masculine cards too.

    Naples Jack the Libra

    ReplyDelete
  7. Marvelous card, Cindy!!! Such a sharp color combo.

    Thanks for the terrific October birthday set. I used the September set for my hubby's card and will share with you as soon as I take pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you for the freebies! I love your creations!
    Hugs Sandra

    ReplyDelete
  9. WOW these are awesome! Thank you for the freebies!! Fantastic cards too! I love all of the kraft paper and your designs!!

    ReplyDelete