Saturday, May 7, 2011

SSCC Anything Goes Challenge

This is in my top ten all time favorite cards.  It came together quickly and I was satisfied with it right away.  I didn't play with other colors, papers, stamps, embellishments.  And I'm growing so fond of these La-La Land Stamps; they are a delight to color.  I used my Grand Calibur to cut a shaped card, scored it in half and folded it.  I used the next size down to cut my designer paper, cut it in half and cut off another 1/8" from the top.  I used the other half on the inside of the card.  The ribbon was in my stash, I've had it for years and it was just waiting for this card.  I adhered a white prima rose that had been inked with Pearlescent Beige and touched up with Stickles Fruit Punch to a hat pin.  Unfortunately before I really thought it out, I then adhered the whole hat pin to the card.  If I were to do this again, I would leave the adhesive off so the recipient could wear the hat pin if they wanted to.



Paper: Wausau Kraft Cardstock, DCWV Linen Closet; Stamps: La-La Land Marci with Rose, Waltzing Mouse Label 4 Stamps, Papertrey Just the Ticket; Spellbinder Grand Labels 4; Prima Rose; Ink: Pearlescent Beige; Stickles Fruit Punch, Crystal; Copics: [Skin E000, R20, E11, E0000][Clothes E42, E41, E43][Roses R81, R83, R85, G24][Hair Y18, Y11, Y19]

2 comments: