Sunday, December 5, 2010

MSL Challenge - Ornaments anyone?

Sometimes what seems to be a disaster turns out to be a blessing in disguise. I glanced at the calendar and realized that I was late for this challenge and only had a day to get it finished. I had another card I could use and while I was editing the challenge blog, I realized I had the wrong blog for the challenge and the card I was planning to use wouldn't work for the right challenge. Drat! So, with very little time to finish something, this is what I came up with. And I'm really happy with it. It's simple, elegant and can be used as a card. You can write a sentiment on the back, pop it into the mail, and Bob's your uncle. (I know, I don't understand that either, but all my British friends say it, and I like the sound of it - and it's my blog.) So, I present my take on the Magnolia Stamp Lover's Ornament Challenge. Why don't you head on over to the challenge and show us what you can do.

This little beauty is Flying Angel Tilda by Magnolia. The background is a Spellbinder Heirloom Ornament with a window cut out by a Spellbinder Classic Oval. I used the same oval die and traced an outline of it onto a piece of cardstock to match, cut it out and attached it to the back of the window. Another ornament cut out of white cardstock and attached to the back covers up the oval and gives you a place to write a greeting. I punched a hole in the top using a punch, added a gold elastic string and bow. The image was popped up on the oval - be sure to write your greeting before you add the image, it's rocky to write on if you don't.



Paper: Anna Griffin Christmas Scrapbook Cardstock Pack; Stamp: Magnolia Flying Tilda Angel; Smooch Illuminate; Stickles Spiced Marmalade; Spellbinder Heirloom Ornament, Classic Ovals Large; Copics: [skin E00, E01, R20][Hair E33, E30, E21][Clothes yr20, YR82, YR61] [Wings YR01]. If you love it, leave me a comment, if you hate, tell me why. It's like Christmas when I receive a comment from one of you.

1 comment:

  1. i love it
    you give a comment at my magnolia angel
    you can see it in the magnoliamagazine

    ReplyDelete