Saturday, November 20, 2010

Grab your hot cocoa....this is a long one

With a nod to GinaK, this card set is for my husband's cousin, Nancy. She's been buying my cards from the first time she saw them and that gives me more money to play, so thanks much, Nancy. (I know she's busy taking care of her boyfriend who's been ill and is going through chemo right now, so she won't take the time to read this). I created these six cards because she asked for more 'birthday' and 'thank you' cards. Ironically, most of the thank you cards find their way back to my mailbox because I'm apt to send her flowers or cards for no reason other than I love her. The first time I got one of my cards back, I didn't know what to think; it was strange to receive a card that I created. But now I'm honored, I get 'thanked' twice, once when she buys the card and once when she sends it to me.

This card was created with a Flourishes stamp set: A Guiding Light and Stampin' Up sentiment and Spellbinder Classic Rectangles. I created it for the man in her life. The embossing folder used throughout is the Cuttlebug Dotted Swiss, the lines were embossed on my MS scoreboard and the paper is Beckett Radiance. Copics are all in the 0000 range to keep it simple.
Flourishes Sunflowers paired with a Flourishes' sentiment, Spellbinder Classic Ovals and Kaiser pearls. Copics:Y11, Y19, YR16, Y18, YG03, G82, G94, YG63.

Flourishes Calendar Set 2, Flourishes' sentiment, Kaiser Pearls, Spellbinder Classic Ovals . Copics: YR02, Y38, YR81, G94


Flourishes Peaches and Cherries, sentiment, Kaiser pearls, 3-D Crystal Lacquer Country Red, Spellbinder Classic Squares. Copics: R39, R29, R24, R20, YG03, G82, YG63, G94.

Flourishes Calendar Set 3, sentiment, Kaiser pearls, Spellbinder Classic Circles. Copics: RV21, RV06, G94, G82.
Flourishes Calendar Set 3, sentiment, Kaiser pearls, Spellbinder Classic Circles. Copics: B69, B63, Y15, G94, B66. I packaged all six cards and envelopes in an acrylic box wrapped with a big bow. Hopefully she will come to the 'cousins once a month get together' so I can give them to her with a strict admonition - do not send one to me lol.

2 comments:

  1. I love your cards especially the happy birthday card for a male. It's terrific.

    Thanks for sharing your creations and your stories. I can't seem to get off your blog. Lol

    Happy crafting.

    Julie

    ReplyDelete