Monday, October 25, 2010

Happy Birthday, cuz

I have a cousin by marriage who is married to a now retired IT person. I'm quite sure that she's even busier now than she was when she was working - and less stressed. Since I popped her birthday card in the mail today, and since I'm almost positive she doesn't have time to read my ramblings, here is her birthday card:

Ingredients for this card were: Paper: Stash; Stamps: Stamps Happen Inc. Bees, PaperTrey; Smooch Illuminate; Copics: Y18, Y35, Y38, Y17, C7, 0, E19, E08, Y32, E42, background Y17. It was funny, I have a gazillion (yes, a gazillion) sentiment stamps, several sets with just bees on them and do you think I had one stamp that said "Happy BDay? NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO. So, I created it using two different stamps sets from PaperTrey - one had the Happy and Day in it - one had bee in it. It works! I loved coloring this stamp, but I have to admit I used the back of the stamp as a guide for my first coloring, so kudos to whomever did the art work on this stamp block.

Reduce, Reuse, Recycle - I have a couple of hints for you today in the housekeeping arena. One day while shopping at Wallymart, I found a huge bundle of white terrycloth washrags for a mere pittance. And I use them everywhere. I always have a clean one in my craft room for cleaning messes and stamps, one stays in our showers to wipe them down after use, I have several in my cleaning caddy for dusting, cleaning ceiling fans, wiping corners, etc., I keep several in the kitchen for spills and spot floor cleaning. When they get dirty, I wash them with the blue jeans and some liquid bleach for colors. It doesn't matter if they are discolored, they work just fine. And before you ask, I don't use them for windows, I use newspaper for that. If I should use a paper towel in the kitchen, I recycle those. I don't recycle the newspaper. My second hint: I HATE dust pans. No matter how good the design, all the fine dust you sweep up escapes under the dust pan so you move it back and sweep again and move it back and sweep again. AAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGG! I picked up this trick from a professional housekeeper. Just sweep onto your closest carpet - and then vacuum. Voila, all the dust is gone. I'm donating my dust pan to Goodwill.

2 comments:

  1. such adorable card C2!
    The sentiment you create is awesome!!
    love it!!
    xxx
    Vivi

    ReplyDelete
  2. Adorable, love the colors!
    Linda J.

    ReplyDelete