Friday, September 24, 2010

We have Winners

The winner of my blog candy is.....TADAH! LoriSunChaser. Congrats and please e-mail me your snail mail addy so I can get your package out to you.

The winner of the extra two stamps for becoming a follower is: Linda Adkins. Please send me your snail mail addy so I can also mail your package. Congrats!

Contact me at: bluebirdflats@yahoo.com

I hope to be offering more blog candy in the future. Thanks much to everyone who came to visit me during Cindy's blog hop. She loves her customers, it shows in her big heart and her customer service. So, stop by her blog and leave her some love.

Now for some really exciting news: I have been playing around with digital images for a while now. And, I've been dabbling in Photoshop Elements but haven't really had a reason to knuckle down, buy a book, and study (remember studying?). Recently I was inspired by Sandy Hulsart and her amazing Elements work in combining digital images to make wonderful backgrounds. She has two tutorials that gave me a wealth of information and here's the first result: This background was from Make it Crafty - see the original here. I opened the image in Elements, added a gradient background from blue to tan - placed my image, colored the moon and printed it out in the right size.I colored the Magnolia image and popped it up on the background. The only items on the background I colored were the pumpkins, the fence, and the grass/leaves. The Waltzing Mouse sentiment was stamped on the moon and I called it 'done'. The next time I do this card, I will color the fence a darker color so it stands out more from the background. Or...I could change the tan background color...or....the possibilities stagger me. And before I mail this card I will add some Crystal Stickles to the tops of the pumpkins - love that frost effect.



Paper: Stash; Stamps: Make it Crafty digi image, Magnolia Witch Tilda; Waltzing Mouse Midnight Feast Sentiment; Copics: [Skin R00, R000, R20][Hair Y21, E99, YR23][Dress, Hat, Shoes W6, W8, W9, BV08, Spica Gold][Broom E57, E59, Y26, Y23][Pumpkins Y17, YR16, YR18, YR15, E08, G24, YG17][Fence E31, E33, E43, E57, N1][Leaves/Grass YG03, YG05]

No comments:

Post a Comment