Monday, June 14, 2010

The world is a wondrous place ...

Sunday was an eventful day in our lives. I was in the house doing laundry when my husband came to the dining room door and yelled my name. When I asked what he wanted he told me to hurry outside he had something to show me. I was thinking a hatching praying mantis ball or fabulous butterfly. I followed him to the back of the property behind the blue spruces and in front of the brush pile he creates every year with trimmings from the trees and bushes. In the spring he will burn the previous year's pile and start a new one. He had been out trimming the path behind the property and the pine trees so it would be easier to mow around them. He was standing about four feet from the brush pile and told me to look. So, I looked at the brush pile and all I saw was brush. And then, out of the corner of my eye, I saw a tiny bit of color that didn't look like dried brush. When I focused my eyes on that spot, there was a tiny fawn lying in the grass at the edge of the brush pile. You could just see it. Carl said he had walked past that spot many times hauling brush to the pile, the fawn never blinked. We did not take pictures because we were afraid we would scare it out of its hiding place. We don't like to distress the creatures that we find on our property. And that's also why I don't have new pictures of the bluebirds; it has rained here for three days. I don't want to open the box for fear I will get them wet. The first nice day, tho, I will be out with the camera.

1 comment:

  1. Love easel card also. They are so versital. Your card is great. Love the coloring. Thanks for sharing.
    Have a GREAT DAY!!!
    Bob L.
    www.happycardmaker.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete