Friday, June 11, 2010

I'm back...

Some of you know that I haven't been at my best the last six weeks. I've had an educating bout of kidney stones and two different procedures to handle them, one invasive and one not. I know way too much about the little buggers now and am drinking copious amounts of water in order to get rid of some smaller ones (this card was inspired by water). I have an x-ray planned for Monday to find out if there are any more that need intervention. Those of you that listen to Bob and Tom can tell Chick McGee that I have been taking his pain pill of choice. Whew! Now I know why Chick is fuzzy sometimes. During this episode I discovered that morphine can be good. Needless to say, I haven't been in a cardmaking mood lately. It's just been the last couple of days that I've actually spent any time in my craft room. Today I was inspired and created five cards. This is the first one:

Paper: Making Memories Travel; Stamps: Magnolia Tilda Mermaid, Stampin Up, Peachy Keen; Glimmer Mist Bubbles; Kaiser Pearls, Spica: Mint, Baby Blue; Martha Stewart Aquamarine Crystal Glitter; Copics: [Sand E33, B91, T2, YG03, E19][Crab R24, R27][Shell B91, B93][Skin E11, R20, E00][Hair E35, E37, E33][Tail G24, B91][Top G24, B95][Starfish E30, E33][Rock T6, T5]

I was out in the yard yesterday and got another picture of the babies. One egg did not hatch so I removed it. I understand from the literature I have read that the heat can make it explode which wouldn't be good for the nest or the rest of the babies. They are starting to grow downy hair but their eyes are still closed. I will post every couple of days with new pictures. The first eggs hatched on June 7, this picture was taken June 10. The oldest two are 3 days old, the youngest is 2 days old.

No comments:

Post a Comment