Tuesday, May 18, 2010

They're back......

I'm sitting here at my computer watching my male bluebird with a huge piece of grass in his mouth waiting for the female to come out of the box so he can give it to her. I have never seen the male engaged in nest-building before. I have no way of knowing if this is my original pair from weeks ago or a new pair. They are quite aggressive; I watched them chase off a chickadee a couple of days ago. I've been away from my computer for a couple of weeks due to illness, so I don't know when they started to build the nest. I'm just so glad they did. We also have a gazzilion toad tadpoles in the pond and at last glance, 12 white water lilies. One thing bothers me, however. We have a cowbird who has been on and in the bluebird house and I fear she is just waiting for the bluebirds to lay eggs before she lays one of hers in their nest. The cowbird chick will kill off the bluebird chicks and the bluebird parents will raise the cowbird as their own. I will try to keep an eye on the box, but if indeed, the cowbird wants to use the bluebird nest, I won't be able to stop her.

Since I haven't been up to card making lately, I offer for your viewing pleasure, a card created for a client. Her instructions were: Princess and Blond. How do you think I did?



Paper: DCWV Sweet Glitter Matstack; Stamps: Magnolia Princess w/Frog; Prince Phillip Frog; Sticker: Heidi Swapp; Stickles: Rock Candy, Gold; Martha Stewart White Glitter; Flower Soft Summer; Copics: (Skin r20, E00, E000) (Hair Y11, Y28) (Clothes R20, R21) (Frogs G24, G21, YG67, Y28).

No comments:

Post a Comment