Saturday, April 17, 2010

Winter's back...

Where has spring gone? Yesterday was a beauty of a day. There were 3 eggs in the titmouse house, the Asiatic lilies are up about six inches. The crabapple is fully engaged with glorious white blooms. The tulips are starting to fade but the daffodils still look good. While I was out scoping out the yard, I opened the skimmer to see if any of the toads had laid eggs. If the eggs stay in the skimmer, the tadpoles don't have any room to run when the frogs come in to eat them. And speaking of feeding frogs, the largest bullfrog in the pond was in the skimmer with two frog legs sticking out of his mouth. We were just wondering where all the frogs had gone, now we know. The next time I catch him in the skimmer, I will truck him to a farm pond. He's too big for our pond (he is the size of a dessert plate), if we leave him in it, he will eat all the frogs and fish. I once saw a bullfrog take a hummingbird. We have green frogs and leopard frogs in our pond, as well as bullfrogs and we'd like to keep them. I haven't seen any dragonflies or damselflies yet but the season's young. Tonight the temps are supposed to drop down into the mid-30's. Sigh! :(

2 comments:

  1. Wow Tilda looks great in these colours, love the embellishment too, I don't have a cricut so I can't do one of those lol, thanks for your comments hugs Liz xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very pretty card,I like it very much.

    ReplyDelete