Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Remembering Wendell...

My father-in-law passed away April 8th. He had been ill and fragile for some time. His life had been reduced to hospitals, nursing homes and assisted living. I expect a lot of his joy in life was gone. When I remember Wendell, I will remember he was a patriot, fighting for his country in World War II.  I will remember he was a father and husband. He provided for his family to the very best of his ability.  He was a gentleman always in all ways and raised his son to be one. I see a lot of the father in the son.  His memorial service is this afternoon where we will share stories, pictures and grief. Then we might have Chinese food which was his favorite. I will eat an extra helping of tapioca pudding for him. Somewhere now he is walking without effort, has a strong and healthy heart and a spring in his step. A life well done, Wendell.

No comments:

Post a Comment