Thursday, April 1, 2010

Please, Mother Nature?

Yesterday the temperature was in the 60's. I opened all the windows; the breeze blew the curtains in and the winter miasma out. The house smells like fresh laundry now. This morning as I was meandering out to get the paper (just as the sun was peeking over the horizon) I could hear a particularly boisterous titmouse proclaiming his territory. I heard robins, grackles, cardinals and chickadees. I am really lucky that a Brown Thrasher has taken up residence right across the street. His melodious song is better than a CD player. Mother Nature might not be done with us yet, but the birds clearly think spring is here. It reminds me of a poem that my birth father used to recite every spring. "Spring has sprung, the grass has riz, I wonder where the birdies is?" Well, dad, the birdies are here. The crapapple tree outside my craft room window had tight leaf buds on it just three days ago; the buds have started to unfurl and will be full-fledged leaves by the weekend. If we get a good rain, it will be sooner.

I am getting ready for an Earth Day celebration where I will be selling cards at Forest Park Nature Center on April 24th. The cards I sell there are nature related and consist of photos that my husband and I have taken combined with nature poems. Getting ready for the sale doesn't leave me much time for stamped cards, but I'll get a few in between now and then. This is one:



Paper: Debbie Mumm; Stamps: Magnolia Happy Tilda, GinaK Owl Always Love You, Art Impressions; Stickles: orange peel, Spellbinder Tag; Spica: clear, pink; Copics: B91, B93, G24, R20, E00, E000, E43, E53, E50, R85, R83, R81, C3, C5, YG23, YG25, E57, E59, E47, E37, E39, B00, B000, Y19, Y35, Y08 - background airbrushed with B91, B93 & G24.

4 comments:

  1. Aw cute! What a great combo!

    Yes, even up here in the Great White North we had a lovely warm few days; this weekend will be colder, but the geese are back and the birds are singing. Yay! (jumping like Tilda)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anotter fun and very creative cards!!!
    You are soooo cool!
    Anary

    ReplyDelete