Saturday, April 24, 2010

Easel card, resized

As much as I love easel cards, I hate the extra postage to mail them. So, this morning while I was watching Mike Holmes I asked myself, "Self, why are easel cards always square"? And myself didn't know. So then I wondered if you could make an easel card the size of an A2 card (5.5 x 4.25). I do know the answer to that - yes, you can. You start with a 5.5 x 8.5 piece of cardstock, score in the center and then score one half in the center. The bottom of the card would be 5.5 x 4.25 and you would assemble it just like a square easel card. There's more room to decorate both the top and bottom.




And this is the finished card which is the size of an A2 card when folded:



Paper: DCWV Nana's Kids; Stamps: Magnolia and Stampin' Up; Stickles: Yellow, Frosted Lace, Blueberry Ice; Copics: (skin R20, E11, E00, E000) (hair E37, E34, E30) (Dress R22, R14, YG13, B93) (Shoes N4, N2) (Chocolate Box E44, E74, E47, Spica Gold) (Heart Jar T2, T4, hearts YR12, YR20) (Lace Box E50, E51, E33, E35, Spica Sand)

I'm off to make more easel cards. All of your comments are appreciated.

26 comments:

  1. How very clever are you. I kept making easel cards and paying extra. Glad you asked yourself a question and gave yourself the answer.

    ReplyDelete
  2. great job.....love your coloring and designs!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the card. Very well colored. That is great geometric design patterned paper really adds to the overall look of the card. Thanks for sharing.
    Have a GREAT DAY!!!
    Bob L.
    www.happycardmaker.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful card..and how smart of you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOL, I also talk to myself. I'm my best listener. haha your card is wonderful and well thought out!
    Brilliant~
    Leslie Avila

    ReplyDelete
  6. Way to go!! Adorable card...I loved the groovy background. Everything is popping!
    XO
    Anary

    ReplyDelete
  7. great job I love the size of it I will give it a try for sure !
    Your card is a bright happy card :)
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow!!! your card is awesome and how smart you are to change it. I will definitley be trying this size out! Thank you for figuring this out and sharing it with us.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very nice, I'll have to try this new size.
    Hugs, Christine

    ReplyDelete
  10. That is awesome Cindy.. and looks so cute on this size!!
    Thanks for trying new size out for us!
    xxx
    Vivi

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great card. So bright and just right for a birthday card.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great card! So happy you shared what 'yourself' thought to make this morning :o) I have always made them large.
    Hugs, Candy

    ReplyDelete
  13. A bright and cheerful card! You did a fab job. Love the colors!!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Cindy---this is just soo cheery and very pretty...great use of all those stamps...

    Hugs
    Nancy T.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Cindy!
    Great Job on this easel card! I love all the bright and cheery colors. You colored Tilda so cute! I love the colors you chose for her!
    Hugs,
    Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  16. Great job Cindy!! Adorable ... and great idea too! Hugs, Stephanie

    ReplyDelete
  17. Great job on the resizing! The DP is awesome, it's great for a birthday card.

    ReplyDelete
  18. such a cute card Cindy. Lovely setting layout and Tilda is adorable!
    Hugs,
    Cabio

    ReplyDelete
  19. Cindy
    As always you never cease to amaze me! GREAT JOB LOVE the card!
    Cindy E

    ReplyDelete
  20. Lovely card !! Easel cards are such fun to make !!

    Ellen

    ReplyDelete
  21. Such a lovely cheery card! Love the easel card. Thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  22. Great card, thanks for figuring out how to do a smaller card. I have not tried one yet but this might nudge me in that direction since it is smaller.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Beautiful card. Love the paper with all the design in it.
    Hugs, Line

    ReplyDelete
  24. Well I'm very glad you had your conversation with yourself, great card and thanks for sharing your measurements with us

    ReplyDelete
  25. Well I'm very glad you had your conversation with yourself, great card and thanks for sharing your measurements with us

    ReplyDelete