Friday, March 12, 2010

Great Blog Candy

Stephanie Hester from the Magnolia Stamp Lovers Design Team has a great pile of blog candy up for grabs - ya'll know you have a sweet tooth. Check it out here.

This will be a quick post today - lots to do, never enough time. I have no idea how I managed to get everything done when I worked. I still have the same schedule - up about 5:30am, in bed with a good book by 8:00pm or so, but I still run out of hours in the day. Yesterday I wandered around the yard four or five times. Watching the grass green up, checking out the fish in the pond. Counting the frogs that were out, making mental lists of everything that needs to be divided or transplanted. Bringing in the bag of potting soil so I can start some tomatoes in the house. The portable greenhouse should go up next weekend so I can start some cold weather seeds. By April 1, I will have 25 flats of flowers started. At our annual garage sale in May, I will have Cardinal Climbers and Moon Flowers for sale. Ninety percent of the plants I start are for butterflies and hummingbirds. My husband belongs to a local camera club that comes to our yard once a year for a photography outing. My husband collects garden items that can be placed around the yard that people can arrange for their photos. It's great fun and I always look forward to the great variety of insects and birds we invite to our garden.

In keeping with that theme, this is a card I did by request. I was told brown hair and a garden of flowers. So...I quibbled a bit. But I was pleased with how it turned out.



Paper: DCWV Taj Mahal; Pebbles, Inc. Chalk; Distress Ink - Broken China; Stamps: Magnolia Tilda w/Bow, Magnolia Big Daisy, Art Impressions Flower Pot, Large Vine; Spica: Melon, Clear; Copics: Skin - E11, R21, E00; Flower - B0000, Y02, YG06; Hair - E25, E27; Shoes - W5, W3; Jeans, T8, T6, T5; Top - YG25, YG03; Socks: YG03

No comments:

Post a Comment