Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Distress Inks

I finally broke down and ordered some Distress Ink Refills. I had been trying to practice watercoloring with them but it wasn't easy with just the pad. It's incredible how easy it is to watercolor with them. I use a package from a spellbinder die as a pallet, place a drop of distress ink, add water, mix and paint. Easy Peasy! Of course, I'm hoping I'll get a lot better at the shading as I go along. I love my Copics, this is just a different look. These new Distress Inks are beautiful.



Paper - Watercolor Paper, DCWV The Glitter Sweet Matstack; Stamps - Sentiment Whipper Snapper, Magnolia Shy Tilda, PaperTrey Out on a Limb; Distress Inks - Tattered Rose, Wild Honey, Tumbled Glass, Crushed Olive, Barn Door, Spun Sugar; Spica - Red, Turquoise, Gold, Blossom; Flowers - Craft World; VersaFine Ink; watercolor marker for flowers on branch.

3 comments: