Monday, February 22, 2010

Our white winter blanket...

My husband and I ventured into the big city yesterday to watch Beauty and the Beast at the Peoria Civic Center. It was starting to sleet as we went into the theatre; six to eight inches of snow had been predicted. The production was pretty good, about average for the theatre in Peoria, Illinois - NOT to be compared with the theatre in Chicago which is first rate. When we left the theatre, about 4:30pm to go to dinner it was raining/snowing. We live about thirty miles north of downtown Peoria and leaving dinner it was raining in Peoria but as we progressed north, it started to snow and was snowing pretty heavily about Chillicothe. Since Tuesday is MOVIE DAY and I'm doing dessert and I didn't know if I'd be able to get to the store today, we stopped to pick up ingredients for Strawberry Stuffed Angel Food cake and water because...they are turning off our water on Tuesday until they replace a pump. So tomorrow I will fill up the bathtub so we have water for the bathroom. We purchased two huge containers of water for the kitchen. We hope to have water on Wednesday so showers will be out after Tuesday morning until they restore water, I'll let you know how that goes. Anyway, thought I would share a couple of pictures of my world this morning and to tell you about a goal I have for 2010.

This is part of our backyard:



And this is the view from my craft room:



Our neighborhood is completely covered with white, it was a wet snow so it stuck to the trees and we're expecting more snow today. Some of the trees are liable to lose limbs; we have a beautiful river birch that has two trunks. We could lose one trunk any time from heavy snow. We do have an order in to have it braced, but the tree company has been swamped and hasn't shown up yet.

Now, to the goal (aren't crafters always thinking?); I was thinking while watching Beauty and the Beast that I have some of those images on a Cricut cartridge and I've never used them. Then, I started thinking (let's hope I was doing this during intermission) that I had lots of Cricut cartridges I had not used for cards. So...my goal for 2010 is to use every Cricut cartridge I have to make a card also using a Magnolia image. I currently have 54 cartridges and at least as many Magnolia images. If you love Maggies, Cindy has a good supply of them in her store along with color combinations to color them with Copics. Check it out here: StampingScrapping.com. She also has Cricut products; and stay tuned for my first card tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment