Saturday, February 13, 2010

On the Olympics...

I have always been an Olympics buff from as far back as I can remember. That in itself is pretty funny as I have never been athletic. I love watching the athletes and I think the dedication that goes into becoming the very best at whatever you do is admirable. Last night's opening ceremonies were awesome. Honoring their first people was such a "Canadian" thing to do. I have a lot of respect for the Canadian people. Niceness isn't something they do, it's what they are. Despite the technical problems of the show, I turned off the TV with a sadness that it was over. But now....let the games begin. I will be glued to the television for the next two weeks watching as many events as I can cram into a day. I will celebrate the victories and commiserate with the non-victors. As far as I'm concerned, anyone who made it to the Olympics is a winner in my book. So, let's party!

5 comments:

  1. OMG! That image is a hoot! I just love it! And I completely agree with your thoughts on the Olympics! I'm not athletic, but love to watch them compete!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it! What a funny image and your sentiment is hilarious!!!

    Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is absolutely adorable!! I love this little lady!! Great job! Hugs, Stephanie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, so cute! Great job on your coloring! Kudos to you. Jackie

    ReplyDelete