Thursday, January 21, 2010

The world sparkles

It rained all day yesterday in Central Illinois. By noon, the ice was freezing on our driveway and sidewalk. I came within a heartbeat of falling when I went to get the mail. Since I’ve already done that, with really bad results, I try to avoid falling whenever I can. This morning the entire world was covered with diamonds. Our deck is ice covered, all the trees are dripping ice and the sky is that dreadful grey color that looks like it has so much more hurt to give us. So, this morning I refused to go get the paper. Of course, my husband called me a sissy. He said the statute of limitations had run out on my last fall. Fortunately, my broken wrist and cracked tailbone speak louder than he does (and, he’s laughed at me before and I’ve survived) so he went out for the paper. But the paper did not come today. Some cable channels are not available and I am internet-less (gasp!). I can’t check my e-mails, monitor blogs I’ve come to love, get details for new challenges – I’M NOT CONNECTED. I have this little panic attack going on with no way of knowing how long it will take before I’m reconnected. So, I have time to watch television I’ve recorded – don’t you just love Leverage? I used to watch Timothy Hutton's dad, JIm Hutton, when he was doing teen movies in the 60’s – think “Where the Boys Are”. When he was in Green Berets, I only watched it once because he died. When he died for real, I felt like I’d lost a friend. When his son starred in Turk 182, I fell in love all over again. He’s certainly aged well and has his father’s charm – not to mention he’s the spitting image of his dad. I adore the team he’s assembled and they can all come to dinner at my house as long as someone keeps a real good eye on Parker, although it probably won’t help. Another show I’m addicted to is Burn Notice. How does Fiona keep her body in that shape? It tires me out just thinking about her exercise regime, I don’t believe she just grows that way. When I grow up, I want to be Fiona from Burn Notice, not Fiona from Shrek, although except for the Uck factor, Shrek would be fun to hang with.

So, if you could date anyone, living or dead, who would it be and why? I'd pick Nate and his flaws because for all his gruffness, he has a huge heart and compassion to spare. Even though he'd rather get one from Sophie, this is my valentine to him. The heart is a Sizzix die as are the clock hands. The heart was cuttlebugged and then inked with gold ink. The tag Maggie is sitting on is a Spellbinder die. The background paper is from my unnamed stash. I don’t remember the Copic colors but the ribbon is Offray.

No comments:

Post a Comment