Thursday, January 28, 2010

Spreading my wings

There are so many techniques and card types that I have not explored. Sometimes we get locked into a rut and just stay there. That's one of the reason that challenges are important, it forces us to see things in a new light, use an embellishment in a new way, and turns our art upside down and inside out. I kept seeing easel cards; lots of people were doing them. I wasn't interested. Until my computer was in the shop, I was suffering withdrawal and needed something to take my mind off of the fact that there was a big blank spot on my desk that used to contain my laptop. So, I dug out my printed copy of a Splitcoaststampers tutorial and set to work. Now I understand what all the fuss was about and why someone posted a comment that it's the only card they make. This is my first easel card.



As you can see, there are no stamps. The background paper is Bazzill covered with Mulberry paper attached with square brass brads at the corner. Velum was torn for the bottom, "thanks" was embossed with a tiny Cuttlebug folder and torn to fit. Gold metallic paste was rubbed on the sentiment. The stickers are from a Stampendous and Magenta. This is a first for me - no ink, no stamps, simple, elegant. I now understand the magic of the easel card and will be doing many of them in the future. I do have one question, tho, how do you give instructions to the recipients of the card so they know how to display it? You would think it would be obvious, but I'm sure there are people that wouldn't know.

No comments:

Post a Comment