Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Baby, it's dark outside

I don’t know about you, but I’ve always thought dark was darkest in the winter. I don’t know if it’s the cold that makes me feel that way but going out to get the paper at 5:00am it always seems as if all the light has been sucked out of the world. If it isn’t cloudy outside, I can see the stars (one of the benefits of living in the country, less light to detract from the stars), yet it still seems as if the dark is a living thing, covering the land. I am always glad to be back in the warmth and light of the house. This stamp from Whiff of Joy appealed to me because the little girl has found the solution to lighting the way. Cardstock is Red Pepper Linen cardstock from Paperandmore.com; background paper is tissue paper from Holiday Home ironed onto white cardstock. The corner punch is from EK Success, branches are two Martha Stewart punches, and ribbon is Offray. Copic colors are: Eoo, E11, R20, R24, E53, R27, Y13, Y17, Y19, Y28, YG23 and C1. Spica pen colors are red, gold and clear. The pens were used on the hem border, holly, berries, necklace, lantern and shoe.

3 comments:

  1. This is a very pretty card. The girl looks so sweet. I browsed through your blog and you've done some great cards
    Thanks

    ReplyDelete